Through our chosen charity People against Poverty and Business against Poverty we support organisations that emphasise community and children’s initiatives that benefit communities in which poverty is rife. Chord focuses its funding on programmes that relate to our strategic direction and reflect our core values of integrity, authenticity, and total customer satisfaction.
People against Poverty is a charity committed to changing lives by alleviating poverty and suffering around the world through direct action. Their aims are to:
- Feed the hungry, provide shelter, clothe and educate the poor, care for the sick and bring communities together to break the cycle of poverty.
- Form communities to engage with People against Poverty.
- Be a gateway, directly enabling communities here in the UK, to engage with International communities bringing life changing experiences.
Business against Poverty is a community of businesses in the UK who through their engagement with projects support the reduction of international poverty and have a desire to change the lives of others.
Business against Poverty is located in Wiltshire and being a small organisation, overheads are minimised, ensuring that more money gets to where it is most needed.
Business against Poverty is an accredited membership community of business people who care about the issues of poverty and ethical standards and are taking action! Working together with like-minded people, it enables companies to embrace their corporate social responsibility.
At Chord we are already:
- Visiting Romania on awareness trips
- Encouraging our staff, clients and customers to get involved